We are excited to feature Bad Bish, Jennifer Kon this week. Jennifer is the owner of Compass Travel and she shares the highs and lows of owning a business as well as a peak into her daily routine. Enjoy!
1. What's your AM routine? Hitting snooze for at least an hour. I'm not kidding; I'm not a morning person.
2. What's your PM routine? I'm a night owl and am at my best in the evening/middle of the night. So I do a lot of work at night; on weekends I usually stay up until 4am working.
3. Explain your company and what you do? I started my own travel agency called Compass Travel a few years ago. I saw the need for a modern travel agency that helps people plan affordable trips (not just luxury ones), and understands the needs and lifestyle of younger travelers. I'm proud to say that I don't think there's any other travel agency like it in Columbus!
4. What's the hardest obstacle you've faced as an entrepreneur? Finding a good way to lower the costs of getting new clients.
5. How do you juggle a full-time job and this side hustle? I'm still working on that transition. I'm at the really tough point where I'm super busy working 80+ hours a week, so it's hard for me to try to grow my company more because I'm not at the point where I can quit my day job yet. Luckily I don't get stressed out or burned out easily, and I love what I do!
6. What's your favorite aspect of your company? Travel is a very important part of my life, and this profession both allows me to travel and help others travel as well.
7. Anything else we should know about you?? I'm totally obsessed with dogs (my own two dogs and also social media famous dogs), and I'm a dual citizen of the US and Hungary.